Published on June 14, 2023, Updated on June 14, 2023
A smile makeover is a comprehensive approach to improving the appearance of a person’s smile through various cosmetic dental procedures. It involves a combination of treatments designed to enhance the aesthetics and overall appeal of the smile. The specific procedures involved in a smile makeover can vary depending on the individual’s dental needs and goals.
Some common dental treatments and dental procedures that may be included in a Cosmetic smile makeover are:
- Teeth Whitening: is used to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth, resulting in a brighter and whiter smile. Zoom whitening can lighten your teeth up to 6 shades lighter in one appointment plus you get take-home trays that help maintain the brightness.
- Dental Veneers: Thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are bonded to the front surface of the teeth to improve their color, shape, size, or alignment. Veneers can address issues like chipped teeth, gaps, and minor misalignments.
- Dental Crowns: Also known as dental caps, crowns are tooth-shaped restorations that encase a damaged or severely discolored tooth to restore its appearance, strength, and function.
- Dental Implants: These are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into the jawbone to replace missing teeth. Implants provide a stable foundation for dental crowns or bridges, resulting in a natural-looking and functional smile.
- Orthodontic Treatments: In some cases, smile makeovers may involve orthodontic procedures like braces or clear aligners (e.g., Invisalign) to correct crooked or misaligned teeth.Get a smile assessment today to see if Invisalign Braces are right for you!
- Gum Contouring: Also known as gum reshaping or gum lift, this procedure involves removing excess gum tissue to improve the proportion and appearance of the gums and teeth.
- Dental Bonding: Tooth-colored resin material is applied to the teeth and then sculpted and polished to improve their shape, size, or color. Bonding is often used to repair chipped or cracked teeth or to close small gaps between teeth.
- Dental Bridges: These are fixed dental restorations used to replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of artificial teeth (pontics) that are held in place by dental crowns attached to the neighboring teeth.
A smile makeover is typically customized to meet the individual’s specific dental concerns and desired outcomes. It may involve a combination of these procedures or other treatments recommended by an Advanced cosmetic dentist to achieve a more attractive and confident smile.